Thursday 2 February 2012

I am #LOST

Cecilia Paredes - Peruvian born artist and photographer creates beautifully blended pieces of art combining "the illusion of disappearing".
Her photo performances uses body paint, costume and installation as a theme to make us reconsider what it means to be virtually lost within migration and displacement. Our origins are what makes us interesting and in such a beautiful progression we see how they become part of the background.

I feel myself not able to tear away from the gaze in her eye, the awkward body positing and what is it exactly am I meant to be reflecting. I am lost. But in a positive and true self-exploration way ...

Images courtesy of Cecilia Paredes.

































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...